Vitamins and minerals from horse meals and feed are very popular for horses. However, hay, feed, and horse meals sometimes don’t provide enough minerals and vitamins that horses need. Plus, pastures and grass don’t also provide all these nutrients. Sadly, the absence of the best horse vitamin and minerals affect the horse’s growth and development. This is where you need the best horse vitamins and mineral supplements.
Horse supplements provide high-rate and quality vitamin and mineral supplements that meals won’t provide. Not just this, but the supplements are readily available on the market. Let us guide you through some of those supplements and how to buy them.
- How to Buy Best Horse Vitamins and Mineral Supplements?
- Top Best Horse Vitamin And Mineral Supplement Products
- Horse Health Red Cell Iron-Rich Vitamin-Mineral Supplement
- AniMed Powder 99.9-Percent Ammonium Chloride for Horses
- REDMOND Rock Crushed Loose Mineral Salt Electrolyte Supplement for Horses
- Manna Pro Simply Flax for Horses
- Heiro Healthy Equine Horse Insulin Resistant Rescue Organicals
- AniMed Pure MSM Supplement for Horses
- Equine Medical and Surgical Heave Ho 30 Day Molasses
- Horse Guard Super Weight Gain Equine Vitamin Mineral
- Omega Horseshine 3 Supplement
- Horse Guard Trifecta Equine Vitamin Mineral Joint Hoof & Probiotic Supplement
- Elevate Se for HORSES
- Heave Ho Equine Horse
- Horse Health Vitamin & Selenium Crumbles for Horses
- Farnam Vita Plus Balanced Multi-Vitamin & Mineral Supplement
How to Buy Best Horse Vitamins and Mineral Supplements?
The Content of the Product
Before buying the supplement, you need to carefully consider the mineral and vitamin source of the product. For example, both nutrients can be sourced from synthetic and natural ingredients. However, natural ingredients are safer since they taste better and are easier to digest. You also need to consider the nutrients in the supplement before buying it.
- Vitamin A: helps the eyes and skin health.
- Vitamin B: helps protein synthesis, fat breakdown, and energy release from protein and carbohydrate.
- Biotin: Strengthens the hooves and coat.
- Vitamin C: Supports immune system health, the respiratory system, and free radicals.
- Vitamin D: Helps calcium absorption from the gut in young horses.
- Vitamin E: Traps harmful free radicals.
- Vitamin K: prevents blood clotting.
- Iron: helps the formation of hemoglobin for transporting oxygen.
- Selenium: acts as an antioxidant defense from free radicals.
- Manganese: strengthens the joint cartilage and fat and carbohydrate metabolism.
- Zinc: helps with wound healing and skin health.
The Type and Format
You also need to consider the type of supplement before buying it. For example, some supplements are available in crumbles, powdery, liquid, and solid forms. Each type has its advantages and disadvantages; hence, you need to be sure of which type you want. For example, powder and liquid supplements are easier to mix into meals, while crumbles are more prone to wastage. However, a syringe won’t waste easily but requires a professional to administer.
Although you won’t eat it, you need to consider the taste before buying the supplement. This is because horses are sometimes irritated by the smell. When this happens, your horse will either have a hard time eating the supplement or won’t touch it at all. If it is not palatable and does not smell well, it won’t work. Hence, make the taste and smell a priority.
Although this is more of a personal bias, we should include it in the list. Compare prices before you shop. Do note though, that most of the supplements offer similar ingredients. However, the quantity varies, nonetheless, there is usually a supplement type at different price levels.
Top Best Horse Vitamin And Mineral Supplement Products
Horse Health Red Cell Iron-Rich Vitamin-Mineral Supplement
The Horse Health Red Cell Iron-Rich Vitamin-Mineral Supplement is an industry-standard vitamin-mineral liquid for horses of all ages. It serves as an essential transport for oxygen and helps your horse maintain their energy. It also supports normal blood cell growth and helps horses to meet and sustain performance. Thanks to a consistent and reliable formula, the product is potent and effective. Plus, it does not contain beef product ingredients; hence, is safe for allergic horses.
- Maintains normal blood cell health
- Supports and promotes stamina
- Aids recovery after an injury
- It sometimes makes horses hyper
AniMed Powder 99.9-Percent Ammonium Chloride for Horses
The AniMed Powder 99.9-Percent Ammonium Chloride for Horses is mostly used to prevent calculi in castrated male horses. Thanks to its structure, the power is easy to apply to horse feed. Besides use for horses, the supplement is handy for use on cows, cats, sheep, and goats. By implication, you can get a product for different animals with a single purchase. It also comes in a small container for portability and convenient storage.
- Heavy-duty re-closable container
- Ideal for treating urinary calculi
- Easy to use
- It does not come with a serving scoop
REDMOND Rock Crushed Loose Mineral Salt Electrolyte Supplement for Horses
The REDMOND Rock Crushed Loose Mineral Salt Electrolyte Supplement for Horses is formulated to tackle dehydration and mineral deficiency. Unlike hard supplements, this crushed formula is crushed; hence, is easy to apply to the feed or water. The product contains a blend of essential electrolytes and trace minerals for a healthy life. It also does not contain any grain, fillers, sweeteners, flavors, or artificial colors. Redmond rock supplement contains more than 60 trace natural mineral sea salt.
- Increases water consumption
- The powder won’t hurt the tongue like a block of salt
- No artificial ingredient
- Won’t last more than two months
Manna Pro Simply Flax for Horses
This supplement by Mama Pro contains Omega-3 fatty acids from flaxseed for healthy skin and coat. The product is ideal for horses with a weak immune system as it helps to maintain a healthy immune system; a feature that is necessary for quality living. Besides helping the immune system, the supplement supports shiny and healthy skin and coat. The flaxseed-derived Omega-3 fatty acids can also stay fresh for more than 12 months without losing their quality.
- Will stay fresh for a year
- Improves the immune system
- Supports a healthy coat and skin
- Not very palatable in dry form
Heiro Healthy Equine Horse Insulin Resistant Rescue Organicals
Heiro Healthy Equine Horse Insulin Resistant Rescue Organicals is another ideal supplement for horses. The product helps with chronic sore feet for horses that have painful feet. Since this is mostly due to an elevated insulin level, the supplement reduces the insulin levels to relieve horses of their pain. The supplement contains a powder blend of Vitamin E, magnesium, and organic herbs to help stop foot pain and fight laminar injuries. It is also made with non-GMO ingredients and is gluten-free.
- Relieves chronic sore feet
- 60-days money-back guarantee
- Made in the USA
- Some buyers received half-full containers
AniMed Pure MSM Supplement for Horses
The AniMed Pure MSM Supplement for Horses is formulated to improve joint mobility in horses. Thanks to its pure MSM formula, the supplement assists in the formation of amino acids and protein. It also supports the hair, skin, hooves, and connective tissue. Since MSM is a natural solution for inflammation and pain, this supplement provides relief from joint pain and inflammation. It also aids collagen synthesis; hence, promotes healthy skin, joints, and cartilage.
- Improves joint mobility
- Promotes skin and cartilage health
- For all ages
- The container is a little small for the price
Equine Medical and Surgical Heave Ho 30 Day Molasses
Horses with asthma and breathing difficulties will find the Equine Medical and Surgical Heave Ho 30 Day Molasses to be a useful supplement. The product contains balanced minerals, Vitamin E, and natural herbs that fortify the immune system. It uses immune modulators, phytonutrients, and adaptogens to relieve breathing issues and inflammations. Plus, it comes in two flavors for flexible selection. It also comes with handy packaging for easy and convenient storage.
- Clears mucus
- Opens airways
- Stops coughing
- Some horses don’t like the flavor of the molasse formula
Horse Guard Super Weight Gain Equine Vitamin Mineral
The Horse Guard Super Weight Gain Equine Vitamin Mineral supplement is an effective product that supports weight gain. Instead of gaining weight with just sugar and starch, this supplement contains quality protein for organic growth. It also does more than add weight. The supplement contains essential prebiotics and probiotics that are vital for gut health. Organic selenium helps horses in overcoming and recovering from stress. Fat from soy oil also provides enough calories for performance and weight gain.
- Selenium provides stress resistance
- Stabilizes gut activities
- Soybean provides cool energy
- There are reports of defective shipping bags
Omega Horseshine 3 Supplement
Protect your horse and secure a shiny and healthy coat with this Omega Horseshine 3 Supplement. The supplement contains minerals and vitamins that eliminate bug bite sores and itch. It does this by promoting a healthy, shiny, and smoother skin texture. The supplement also does enough to restore cracked and brittle horse hooves by ensuring solid and strong hoof growth. Plus, it eases stiff and immobile muscles by shortening the recovery time.
- Prevents sand colic
- Supports foal growth
- Improves hoof growth
- Incorrect measurement indication
Horse Guard Trifecta Equine Vitamin Mineral Joint Hoof & Probiotic Supplement
The Horse Guard Trifecta Equine Vitamin Mineral Joint Hoof & Probiotic Supplement provides nutrients your horse won’t find in the hay. It contains up to 1500 IU of vitamin E per dose, 3 mg of organic selenium, and 5000 mg of MSM. Apart from this, it contains biotin, zinc, methionine, hyaluronic acid, and glucosamine in generous quantities. As a result, the supplement helps joint recovery and muscle performance. It also gives the mane, coat, and tail a shiny appearance, and supports a healthy gut.
- Aids muscle recovery
- Keeps the joints flexible
- Helps improve digestion
- Not for horses allergic to corn
Elevate Se for HORSES
Elevate Se for HORSES is a unique blend of organic selenium yeast and natural vitamin E for healthy muscle development. The supplement also supports reproductive functions and improves a strong immune system. Thanks to a combination of potent antioxidants, the supplement neutralizes free radicals and oxidative byproducts. Apart from the vitamin, it contains organic selenium for horses that require more antioxidant support or live in selenium-deficient areas. The yeast in the supplement also helps horses to retain organic selenium in their tissues.
- Reduces inflammation
- Provides antioxidant support
- Neutralizes free radicals
- Noticeable smell may offend horses
Heave Ho Equine Horse
Heave Ho Equine Horse supplement works for chronically allergic airway heaves, asthma, and COPD. It opens the airways, stops coughing, and clear mucus to relieve breathing issues. It also has anti-inflammatory properties thanks to its Vitamin E, minerals, and natural herbs formula. Available in different flavors, the supplement is available in 30 and 90 days supply for flexible selection. It does not contain artificial colors, GMOs, and gluten for safe usage. It is also melamine-free, lead-free, drug-free, and pesticide-free.
- Comes in two flavors and sizes
- Relieves allergies, coughing, and COPD
- Helps inflammations
- Picky horses may not eat it if it is not mixed with honey
Horse Health Vitamin & Selenium Crumbles for Horses
Feed your horse the Horse Health Vitamin & Selenium Crumbles for Horses and watch them improve and grow healthier. The supplement contains selenium and vitamin for the best nutritional muscular health. The crumbs are also attractive and easy to pick and mix into the feed. For picky horses, the supplement is available in powder form. The product comes in a large container that aids storage and continuous use. The container is also refillable; hence, is handy for future use.
- Available in powder and crumbles form
- Helps muscular health
- Attractive packaging
Farnam Vita Plus Balanced Multi-Vitamin & Mineral Supplement
Coming in last place but definitely not the least is the Farnam Vita Plus Balanced Multi-Vitamin & Mineral Supplement. The product helps keep horses in peak condition by supporting optimal muscle health. This feature is essential for horses with a physically tasking workload. It also traps free radicals and corrects nutrient deficiencies. A single serving contains selenium and vitamin E for optimum muscle support.
- High-quality antioxidant
- Improves muscle strength
- Easy to feed
- Some buyers prefer powder supplements
We have gone over the best horse vitamin and mineral supplement in this post. Although some products are more impressive than others, all the products on this list are great supplements. If you want, you can choose a single product that fits your needs and budget. If not, feel free to choose more than one. You should also refer to our buyer’s guide to avoid getting into a bad purchase. Whatever supplement you chose, we wish your horse good health.